Super Saturday Team
Good Luck to All Online Teams!
Last day to edit your team page is April 1st, 2014!
Welcome to the 2014 Rube Goldberg Machine Contest. Keep up with the latest contest updates by following Rube on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Our beginning first steps weren't working well on our last day, so sadly, we ditched them so we could film the contraption before class was over. A lot of kids worked hard on the first part, so I will list those steps here, anyway.
****cut fishing line with scissors
slinky walks down stairs
slinky bonks the water wheel which rolls across table to trigger dominos
dominos release newton's cradle****
1. Stefano triggers the Newton's Cradle, that triggers an enormous marble
2. Enormous marble goes down tube, turns on a power switch
3. Power starts the Chaos Tower's chain, which raises a string
4. String tips bucket of water into funnel
5. Water traveling through tube transports marbles inside pipe down a chute
6. Marbles knock large marble on a string like a pendulum
7. pendulum marble swings and whacks piece of plywood
8. Plywood hits water wheel which rolls down short ramp and smacks turntable
9. Turntable pivots and hits small domino run
10. Dominos hit marble that goes down a short marble track
11. Marble triggers a vertical see-saw thingy made of K'nex that triggers a small turnstile
12. Turnstile hits marble that goes down vortex and into tube hitting dominos
13. Domino run goes and knocks one domino on a string off the side of the table
14. Weight of domino off table releases the weight holding back the hammer wheel
15. Hammer wheel begins to roll down pipes
16. Hammer wheel hammers the nail into a peach!!!!